Gigabit Ethernet Compliance TestRevision 1.0, December, 2009
Using the Gigabit Ethernet Compliance Test M1 Waveform Tools provides you with an expert solution to your compliance testing needs. M1 Waveform Tools is compatible with every real-time Keysight/Agilent, Tektronix, LeCroy, Rohde & Schwarz, and Yokogawa scope on the market, including the new Keysight/Agilent 90000 and Tek 70000 series. In addition, M1 supports digitizers manufactured by Keysight/Agilent/Acqiris, GaGe, National Instruments, Spectrum, and ZTEC.
By going with the M1 solution, if you don't meet your numbers you have the full power of M1 available to figure out what the problem is. If you need help, you can collaborate instantly by packaging up your waveform and sending it to your local signal integrity guru.
Most major signal standards are included, for free, with every installation of M1. Regardless of what standard you are working with, you will be ready to begin testing immediately with M1.
Spec Level: 802.3-2000
App Update Level/Date: 1.0, December 2009
Best Practices Revision Level: 4
Minimum M1 version required: v4.00
App Encryption: none
- Table 39–2 - Transmitter characteristics at TP2
- Figure 39–3 and Table 39-3 - Normalized eye diagram mask at TP2
- Figure 39–4 - Absolute eye diagram mask at TP2
- Figure 39–5 - Eye diagram mask at point-TP3
- Table 39–4 - Receiver characteristics (TP3) (no impedance values except TDR rise/fall time are tested)
- Table 39–5 - 1000BASE-CX jitter budget (TP2 and TP3)
1000BASE-LX and 1000BASE-SX
- Table 38–3 - 1000BASE-SX transmit characteristics (Frequency and rise/fall time)
- Table 38–7 - 1000BASE-LX transmit characteristics (Frequency and rise/fall time)
- Table 38–10 - 1000BASE-SX and 1000BASE-LX jitter budget (TP2 and TP3)
- Figure 38–2 - Transmitter eye mask definition
- Testing will require 3 x single-ended and 1 x differential probes
- Not Applicable for this App